What should you do if you’re injured at work?

  • Even if you do not believe your injury is serious or will require professional medical treatment, you should immediately report your injury to your supervisor or manager and ask them to complete formal accident report .
  • This accident report should be copied and provided to you.
  • If you require formal medical attention, you should follow all direction(s) of the provider and your employer, including, but not limited to, attending all appointments and examinations scheduled, following all restrictions, off-work statements, and instructions given to you by each doctor or medical care provider seen.
  • Contact an attorney for a consultation concerning your temporary total disability rights if you are required to miss more than 7 days of work.

What NOT to do?